Cocktails are liquid and now people are all about gourmet jello shots which I am a fan of as well. But what about Poptails? That’s right – you heard me right – Cocktails in the form of frozen Popsicles. It is time to start promoting this boozy wave of the future. Lets kick things off with a spin on a Bloody Mary.
To start things off, we used heirloom tomatoes, because well, that’s what I had in my backyard right now. Regular tomatoes will work just as well but I always say the fresher the better. Or for complete ease of mixing, skip the fresh tomatoes for some tomato juice and adjust the flavor accordingly. Whatever you use for the body, don’t forget the chili powder.
I guarantee you that this chili powder infused Bloody Mary on a stick will be a summer addiction to remember.
Bloody Mary Popsicles
- 1 ½ lbs tomatoes (about six 2 ½ inch diameter in size)
- 1 celery stalk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup vodka
- Place all ingredients except the vodka in a food processor or a blender and process until everything is pureed. Pass mixture through a medium strainer and then return strained mixture to blender or food processor. Add vodka and process for another 20-30 seconds to blend well. Pour mixture into popsicles mold.
- Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
Until Next Time,
Courtesy of EndlessSimmer