Before you go bucking it, let us say that from sip to lick the frozen Mojito can confidently double down over its fluid counterpart and take you from cool to sublime faster than you can say freeze! Give it your best lick and let us know what you think.
Watermelon Mojito Poptails
Makes 12 2.5 oz Popsicles
- 8oz. watermelon juice (2 ½ cups chopped watermelon)
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. simple mint syrup (1/2 Cup Water, 1/2 Cup Sugar, 1 Cup Mint Leaves)
- 8 oz. light rum
- 14 oz. club soda
- Place chopped watermelon in a food processor or blender and process until watermelon is juiced (will be slightly pulpy).
- Combine watermelon juice, lime juice, mint syrup and rum in a shaker and shake well. Fill popsicle mold 3/4 of the way up with mixture. Fill remaining popsicle mold with club soda and stir to combine.
- Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
Courtesy of EndlessSimmer